Saturday, December 13, 2008

Riding the Trainer

Today for the first time in two weeks I rode my bike. I cleaned up the drivetrain on the old C-dale, set up the hypermag, put on some music, and got after it. By got after it I mean I spun on a mid cog in the easiest setting for an hour and a half, but felt fast as all hell.

So I was riding my trainer...naturally I had lots to think about. As I was about 40 mins into my ride singing at the top of my lungs I started to wonder how goofy I must look to the neighbors who were looking at me through the window. I then started to wonder how goofy every other cyclist in the world must look during a solo trainer ride - spandexed out with not hairy, but fuzzy legs, riding a bike but for some reason going nowhere....

Anyway, I want to know what other people's trainer rides consist of. I want to know music choice, intensity, times per week, and any other relative info that makes your trainer routine original and fun.

January is coming up quickly and so is the beginning of the UM cycling "get scary fast stat" season. We need to know what trainer workouts you like, what music you like to listen to while you do them, movies you watch, and general ideas to keep off dreary Jan.

Let us know what you do on your trainer, and we'll let you know how it went for us...

Spin 'em up,

JDunph

No comments: