Thursday, December 18, 2008

East Coast time...

After a snowy cold stay in Chicago I landed on the east coast today and am ready to rep the ol' block. The only thoughts about bikes I have had between fleeing a subzero Missoula, surviving a snowy, slightly above zero Chicago, and landing in the Philly airport were,

1. "I am glad I don't have to stay in Missoula in this cold and not ride my bike."

2. "I am glad there are really good trains in Chicago and I don't have to rely on the Udash (not related to bikes directly I suppose.)

3. "Damn that bicycle pizza delivery guy, who looks really hip, riding his fixie with slicks through six inches of snow and ice who just ran into the back of that bus slow motion style should have read Tack's post about studded tires/ get a pair stat and look even hipper."

However, now that I am here I wouldn't mind having a roadie to tool around on in this mild weather - the roads are dry and the temp is hovering in the mid 40s....

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to watch lots of high school basket ball, hit happy hour at the bar, and generally try to be the charming son I am supposed to.

Until next time,

JDunph

No comments: