Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Wish List

Just as the Christmas holiday is about ridiculously svelte sweaters and large quantities of hot buttered rum, so is it about the Christmas wish list. Pretty soon I am going put on a sweater, sip hot buttered rum, and make a wreath tied up with a red ribbon for the door, but first I thought I better come up with my list.

First, the 1/4 zip cashmere sweater from Patagonia, one of our sponsors for the 2009 season. This sweater keeps you warm while being fashionable enough to wear to almost any function the coming holidays can throw at you. Put this on, run your hands through your hair, and just know...




Second on the list are the boots to wear with the sweater, again from Patagonia. When I first caught a glimpse of these I did a double take. It wasn't until after I read the description, however, that I knew I had to have them..."simple pull-on boots make winter trips to the woodpile easy, and the Wollemi's all-leather upper and natural wool lining trick feet into feeling like they've never left the warmth of the fire."




Thirdly, we finally have something for the bike. At a recent luncheon Mr. Radley turned me on to these babies. I am not an expert on road wheels by any means, but the weight of these for the price is the best I have ever seen. My bike is on the heavier side by today's standards, so these would buy me speed. Also, they are white, matching perfectly with the last item on my list.






I do not need new shoes. I never need new shoes. For some reason, however, I always end up with new shoes. These are my next pair. Plain and simple Italian brilliance. I only wish they made a street version of these so I would never have to take them off save, of course, for when I was making a trip to the wood pile.


Happy Wish List making,

JDunph

No comments: