Monday, March 2, 2009

The Start to Our Season

My merry Peddle Pushers,

All of the the riding/trash talking/planning we have been doing this winter is really neither here nor there. The here and the there boil down exclusively to the reintroduction, by UM cycling alumnus Shaun Radley, of the Taco Wednesday Time Trial series. Come and show everyone what you are made of!

I want to see some of you out there, including Wes in his skin suit with aero wheels on. Let's get some...Also, TWTT will never be canceled due to weather, unless the powers that be explicitly say. This means if you don't hear anything there is no need to ask, even if there is a foot of snow, because TWTT is still on.

Below is an intro note from Shaun.

Always and forever,

JDunph


Dear UM Cyclists & Triathletes,

My name is Shaun Radley. I think I've met most of you. I was a 3 year member of UM Cycling and captain in 2007. I'm writing today to inform you of a UM Cycling tradition.

This coming Wednesday is the first Taco Wednesday Time Trial of the year. The Taco Wednesday Time Trial has been ridden by the best UM cyclists and triathletes. It's a great way to test your fitness and hang out with other team members. You can ride as a team or individuals (or both). Sense it's a short course I encourage riders to race individually and as a team. After the time trial we will be eating tacos at Elliot Bessette's house in the Rattlesnake.

Now for the juicy stuff:

- Wednesday official start time is 5:30 (you can start earlier if you'd like just email me)
- Meeting place is the Luther Church parking lot in the Rattlesnake (just after the 90 degree right hand turn)
- Prizes for top female and top male and anyone who beats their best time
- 5 week series, with overall winners, dates: 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1
- Points go 10 deep
- 4 mile out and back course
- Course records - Phil Grove 12:54, Jen Nerrison 13:33

Message from the record holder:

"Can anyone touch my SMOKIN TTTT RECORD? All i keep hearing is how UM is stronger than ever, lets see what you guys got (lil matty, bryce d, J. Dunph)! I remain" -Pipo

Hope to see you out!

Love,
Shaun

No comments: